“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
This workshop examines the facets of excellent communication and presents the communication skills and techniques (verbal and non-verbal) required by good leaders including presentation skills and running effective meetings, the barriers to communication (individually, within teams and organisationally), gender differences in communication, assertiveness skills and tools to build self-knowledge to understand the impact of personality on communication style.
- What is communication?
- Verbal and non-verbal skills
- High impact presentation skills
- Barriers to effective communication
- Gender differences in communication at work
- Assertiveness skills
- Self-assessment of personality style and impact on communication
- Breaking down internal and external barriers to implementation of these skills in the workplace
- Understand the principles of effective communication
- Identify your own communication strengths and areas for improvement
- Understand barriers to effective communication
- Know how to improve your own communication effectiveness including assertiveness, confidence and presentation skills
Benefits to you
- Understanding of effective communication principles and techniques
- Understanding what tends to go wrong with communication at work and why
- Build your personal impact as a manager
- Be more confident in being assertive, presenting and communicating across diverse employee groups and communication channels
Benefits to your Department
- Enhanced managerial and team performance.
- Reduce risk of conflict from misunderstandings and poor communication