The Institute of Public Administration Australia SA Division is the peak independent professional association for public sector professionals in SA. Connecting with IPAA SA means connecting with some of the most influential people in the SA public sector. When you become a member of IPAA SA you are immediately eligible to participate in high-level networking and you receive a host of quality products and services that will enhance your career.
"I chose to join IPAA to meet like-minded people who share a passion for public policy, learn from experienced mentors and for my professional development that will enable me to become a more effective public servant. With a long standing career in the private sector, I found the work environment and culture in the government to be very different from what I was used to, particularly in writing style, choice of words used and the presentation of information. I am confident that IPAA will equip me with the right tools for my successful transition into public service. IPAA plays a critical role in bridging the gap and ensuring that public servants like myself, have access to the right resources to meet the expectations set by senior distinguished public servants in their fields of expertise within the Government". - Aushim Merchant, TAFE SA
Being a Professional Member demonstrates your commitment to your career in the public sector and the work of your professional association. Members remain up to date with the sector by attending member only events, receive up to date and engaging publications and online career enhancing tools. See a full list of benefits below.
Members can be nominated as an IPAA National Fellow. They are distinguished members who have been honoured by the Institute for their major contribution to the public sector and are generally selected from longstanding professional members. Members have the right to use the post nominal MIPAA (Member of the Institute of Public Administration Australia), are invited to member only events, stand and vote in our elections, and more generally, become involved in the work and governance of your professional association.
- Employed in the public sector - Local, State or Federal.
- Engaged in the study or teaching of public management.
- Having an interest in contemporary public management developments and issues.
- Seminars on cutting-edge topics involving key public and private sector speakers.
- Professional development workshops and training sessions.
- Quarterly issues of the Australian Journal of Public Administration and other publications.
- Newsletters and other communications.
- Discounted access to the National Conference, which is held in a different state or territory each year.
- Excellent networking opportunities.
- Access to awards and prizes.
- Hear key decision makers discuss the issues, challenges and directions that drive today’s public sector.
- Share stimulating ideas that challenge conventional thinking.
- Tap into the best of national and international public sector practice.
- Meet colleagues at all levels from a diverse range of agencies, sectors and industries.
- Stay informed by keeping abreast of new initiatives across the public sector.
- Advance your career by attending our highly-rated professional development courses at a reduced cost.
- Participate in special interest groups that provide opportunities to explore issues in small groups at greater depth.
- Read about what’s happening in government across Australia and the world.
Professional Membership recognises anyone in the public sector. The cost for membership is $189 per year and as with all professional associations, your IPAA membership is fully tax deductible.
|Young Professional Membership (YIPAA) is available for people 35 years and under. YIPAA focuses on the needs and interest of young professionals who work in or with the public sector. It provides all of the benefits of Professional Membership at a reduced rate of $99 per annum, with an option to subscribe to the journal for an extra $40 per annum.
Graduate Membership is available for the first
2 years of membership for those commencing their public sector careers. It provides all of the benefits of Professional Membership at a reduced rate of $99 per annum, with an option to subscribe to the journal for an extra $40 per annum.
Back to Home.