Professional Membership of IPAA SA
Click here to renew your Membership today!
Click here to join as a Member today!
The Institute of Public Administration Australia SA Division is the peak independent professional association for public sector professionals in SA.
Connecting with IPAA SA means connecting with some of the most influential people in the SA public sector.
When you become a member of IPAA SA you are immediately eligible to participate in high-level networking and you receive a host of quality products and services that will enhance your career.
Being a Professional Member demonstrates your commitment to your career in the public sector and the work of your professional association. Members remain up to date with the sector by attending member only events, receive up to date and engaging publications and online career enhancing tools. See a full list of benefits below.
Members can be nominated as an IPAA National Fellow. They are distinguished members who have been honoured by the Institute for their major contribution to the public sector and are generally selected from longstanding personal members.
Members have the right to use the post nominal MIPAA (Member of the Institute of Public Administration Australia), are invited to member only events, stand and vote in our elections, and more generally, become involved in the work and governance of your professional association.
Who Should Join?
IPAA membership is open to any person but is specifically aimed at those:
- employed in the public sector
- engaged in the study or teaching of public management
- having an interest in contemporary public management developments and issues.
Why Become a Member?
There are many reasons to become a member:
- seminars on cutting-edge topics involving key public and private sector speakers
- professional development workshops and training sessions
- quarterly issues of the Australian Journal of Public Administration and other publications
- newsletters and other communications
- discounted access to the National Conference, which is held in a different state or territory each year
- excellent networking opportunities
- access to awards and prizes
Become part of a vigorous professional community committed to connecting people and ideas to improve the public sector.
As an IPAA SA member you will:
- hear key decision makers discuss the issues, challenges and directions that drive today’s public sector
- share stimulating ideas that challenge conventional thinking
- tap into the best of national and international public sector practice
- meet colleagues at all levels from a diverse range of agencies, sectors and industries
- stay informed by keeping abreast of new initiatives across the public sector
- advance your career by attending our highly-rated professional development courses at a reduced cost
- participate in special interest groups that provide opportunities to explore issues in small groups at greater depth
- read about what’s happening in government across Australia and the world.
Professional Membership offers these benefits:
- Complimentary registration and preferential/VIP seating at IPAA events and forums;
- 50% cost reduction on the Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast;
- IPAA National Conference registration at reduced rate;
- On renewal you will receive a training voucher to the value of your membership ($189 Inc. GST). The voucher can be used to offset part of the cost of most IPAA SA programs (conditions apply);
- Complimentary use of IPAA function and meeting room (room only, conditions apply);
- Complimentary use of office space (an office and computer only, conditions apply);
- Invitation to exclusive networking events during the year;
- Membership certificate for your CV;
- Annual subscription to IPAA's quarterly journal - Australian Journal of Public Administration;
- Access to IPAA's library of journal back issues;
- Access to the Australian Journal of Public Administration online and The National IPAA Knowledge Centre;
- Regular electronic updates to your in-box;
- Voting rights
- Member only payment options (direct debit, credit card, bank transfer), and
- Member card linked to special offers and networking forums during the year.
The cost for professional membership is $189 per year. And as with all professional associations, your IPAA membership is fully tax deductible.
Graduate Professional Membership
Graduate Membership is available for the first
2 years of membership for those commencing their public sector careers. It provides all of the benefits of Professional Membership (see above, excluding journal) at a reduced rate of $99 per annum, with an option to subscribe to the journal for an extra $40 per annum.
YIPAA - Young Professional Membership
Young Professional Membership is available for people 35 years and under. Young Institute of Public Administration Australia (YIPAA) focuses on the needs and interest of young professionals who work in or with the public sector. At YIPAA you will enhance your professional development and career in the public sector by hearing from leaders in public administration and engaging in whole-of-government networking opportunities. You will receive the same benefits of Professional Membership (see above, excluding journal) with an option to include journals for $40 per annum. Included in the membership will be specific networking opportunities and offers targeted at your needs and interest. You will also be eligible for a 30% reduction in the fees for the IPAA SA Mentoring Program. Our mentoring program provides handpicked Mentors who are experienced public sector Executives.
IT’S EASY TO JOIN
IPAA SA membership is an important investment in your future – and your outlay is fully tax deductible.
Some of the most active, interested and influential people in the Australian public sector are IPAA members. It’s time you joined them.
you can also Renew your Membership online to ensure your access to member benifits.
Join online or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 8212 7555 if you require any further information.