- What is a briefing for?
- What makes writing effective?
- How to plan and structure your briefing – essential steps and strategies
- Using departmental templates
- Writing for your audience, context and purpose
- Using grammar and Plain English
- Evaluating and proofing your briefing
- Gain the skills to plan, draft and edit effective briefings that are clear, concise and persuasive towards your audience
- Save time and resources by enhancing your ability to communicate with purpose
- Learn key strategies and tools that you can use to create better briefings as well as other professional documents
- Improve your understanding of grammar and Plain English
Who Should Attend
Anyone required to deliver or proofread documents for briefings
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
- Increased efficiency in producing persuasive briefing documents
- Produce higher quality professional documents in keeping with department expectations and guides
Learn about our speakers
Sue Averay, JP
Sue Averay Management Services
Sue Averay is an experienced management generalist with substantial senior executive experience, mostly at the interface between the strategic and delivery levels of not-for-profit organisations and the public sector. Following a successful career spanning four decades, Sue ‘retired’ into consultancy.
Sue makes things happen, gets things done, helps people and organisations be their best. Flying solo and collaborating widely, Sue provides strategic and operational support for organisations in the public and not for profit sectors that want to improve. She helps them to plan, to achieve what they aim for, to tighten up their governance, and to support and develop their people.
Specialties: In recent years, Sue has become something of an expert in soft skills development for public sector and NFP employees, specialising in effective written and oral communication, career planning and leadership development. She has consulted extensively in organisational development, governance, strategic and business planning and individual and team performance for NFPs. Sue is qualified in the delivery of Team Management Systems individual and team profiles and is an accredited trainer.
Upcoming course availability
Thursday, 03 June 2021
2 half days
(8:45am registration) 9:00am - 12:30pm
First Line Manager Common(ASO2-ASO5)
Middle Manager Common(ASO5-ASO8)
Workbook, resources and refreshments
12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
(please visit registration links for further information)
Personal Member $515
State Government Employee Member $550
Corporate Member $560
This course can be delivered In-Agency. Contact us to discuss the delivery of this course within your department.