- Being a new manager – what is expected of first time managers
- Taking the lead – strategies for adaptive leadership and management
- How teams work to maximise diversity and strengths
- Building your team to be innovative, adaptive and collaborative
- Understand the responsibilities of new managers to lead and develop their team
- Develop adaptive leadership and management skills and access related tips and tools
- Develop confidence as new managers.
Who Should Attend
People new to leading a team of people or those preparing to become a team leader.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
- Focusing on what is important for you as a new manager
- Networking with people in similar roles in the SA public sector
- Expert input, skills development and access to strategies, tools and tips including leadership styles
- Growth in adaptive and innovative leadership skills and knowledge
- Increased confidence in leadership integrity, capacity and influence
This course is also available face-to-face.
Learn about our speakers
BEd, GradDipBusAdmin, CIVTAA, PracCert Mediation CIArb
Centre for People Development
Chris has held a diverse range of roles in his career, both in Australia and internationally. He has successfully led learning and development projects that have enhanced both individual and organisational capability, including in his role as national manager for industry based national apprenticeship mentoring programs.
Chris has extensive management and leadership experience across many industry sectors including Defence, Banking, Aged Care and Mining.
He has certifications in several physcometric tools, is a practicing mediator and is highly regarded for his interpersonal skills and a practical approach to learning and development.
2 half days,
9:00am - 12:30pm
Contact us for alternate duration and delivery style options
First Line Manager Common (ASO3-ASO5)
Middle Manager Core (ASO5-ASO6)
Digital workbook and resources
Online via Cisco Webex
Personal Member $460
State Government Employee Member $495
Corporate Member $505