- Understanding your ‘market’, also known as ‘who you are talking to’.
- Recognising hot and cold buttons in others.
- Assembling your argument.
- Shaping and delivering your ‘pitch’.
- Dealing with resistance.
- Preparing for the future.
- You will have a better understand the motivators of your key audience;
- Be able to deliver a compelling message to others.
- Learn techniques to present new ideas and concepts.
- Positively deal with resistance and reluctance.
- Learn techniques of change management to help you bring about change while protecting valuable relationships.
Who Should Attend
This course will be of greatest benefit for those who are managing staff, having to manage up or deal with key stakeholders.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
Those who attend will be better able to package and present their ideas and concepts and in so doing facilitate change and greater understanding. Your agency/department will benefit through your ability to persuade and influence others so that they have a clearer understanding of your communication. They will also benefit from your increased ability to manage change.
This course is also available in a face-to-face format.
Learn about our speakers
BDO Industrial & Organisational Psychology (SA) Pty Ltd
Scott is the founder and director of BDO Industrial & Organisational Psychology. He is a registered Organisational Psychologist with over thirty years consulting experience throughout Australia, Asia & New Zealand.
During this time, he assisted over 300 organisations and provided training and development to over 10,000 managers and employees, and over his involvement with IPAA he has supported over 500 workshop participants.
He has previously held senior positions within the automotive and mining industries, as well as the Australian Public Service.
Qualifications & Memberships
• Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
• Graduate Diploma In Applied Psychology
• Master of Business Administration
• Member of the Australian Psychological Society
• Chartered Member of Australian Human Resources Institute
• Member of the Australian College of Organisational Psychologists
• PBA Approved Supervisor
• Registered Psychologist
Scott is an experienced consultant and is currently involved in organisation enhancement activities in a number of public and private sector organisations. His areas of expertise include;
• Organisation review and development
• Staff, manager and leader development
• Team building
• Strategic & Business Planning
• Targeted Training
1 half day 9:00am-12:30pm
Contact us for alternate duration and delivery style options
Middle Manager Core (ASO6-ASO8)
Digital Workbook and Resources
Online via Cisco Webex
Personal Member $260
State Government Employee Member $295
Corporate Member $305