Whether you are starting fresh with a new team or looking for ways to enhance the effectiveness and capabilities of your existing team, this course will present vital strategies and techniques which you can apply to your leadership style for immediate effect. You will have the opportunity to examine how to build engagement and commitment within your team, as well as how to approach some of the difficult or uncomfortable situations you may find yourself in as a team leader.
- Managing the People Issues.
- Understanding the Strategic Imperative.
- Team Multilingualism.
- Building the Spirit.
- Dealing with the Bad Apple.
- Design a team model that suits your work.
- Manage the people issues within a team.
- Develop a team development plan.
- Recognise and consider ways to manage a difficult staff member.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for you if you manage teams of people and want to maximise their effectiveness.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
Participants will sharpen their team-building skills at a structural, interpersonal and cultural level. If you apply the techniques covered your agency will have a ‘genuine team’ working effectively to achieve its goals with staff who are motivated to contribute.
This course is also available face-to-face here.
Learn about our speakers
BDO Industrial & Organisational Psychology (SA) Pty Ltd
Scott is the founder and director of BDO Industrial & Organisational Psychology. He is a registered Organisational Psychologist with over thirty years consulting experience throughout Australia, Asia & New Zealand.
During this time, he assisted over 300 organisations and provided training and development to over 10,000 managers and employees, and over his involvement with IPAA he has supported over 500 workshop participants.
He has previously held senior positions within the automotive and mining industries, as well as the Australian Public Service.
Qualifications & Memberships
• Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
• Graduate Diploma In Applied Psychology
• Master of Business Administration
• Member of the Australian Psychological Society
• Chartered Member of Australian Human Resources Institute
• Member of the Australian College of Organisational Psychologists
• PBA Approved Supervisor
• Registered Psychologist
Scott is an experienced consultant and is currently involved in organisation enhancement activities in a number of public and private sector organisations. His areas of expertise include;
• Organisation review and development
• Staff, manager and leader development
• Team building
• Strategic & Business Planning
• Targeted Training
1 half day
9:00am-12:30pm (8:45am registration)
Middle Manager Core (ASO6-ASO8)
Digital Workbook and Resources
Online via Cisco Webex
Personal Member $260
State Government Employee Member $295
Corporate Member $305