Just what is ‘Lean Thinking’? Lean thinking is a business approach that helps us find new ways to think about the way we undertake activities and provide services, with the aim of eliminating excess and waste. In a time when budgets have tightened this approach can offer new ways to ease resource stress, whilst still allowing you to reach goals effectively.
- The history and evolution of Lean.
- Lean into action.
- The value of flow.
- Designing the system from the customer.
- Understand the system you work in.
- Identify factors that are preventing flow.
- Value the importance of de-cluttering.
- Uncover hidden savings by optimising resources to achieve more.
Who Should Attend
This workshop will be of greatest benefit for those who are trying to do more with less but are running out of tools.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
This workshop should enable you to see the needless complexity within your system and how to reinvigorate the flow. Your agency/department will benefit through your ability to identify new ways of doing things.
This course is also available in a face-to-face format here.
Learn about our speakers
BDO Industrial & Organisational Psychology (SA) Pty Ltd
Scott is the founder and director of BDO Industrial & Organisational Psychology. He is a registered Organisational Psychologist with over thirty years consulting experience throughout Australia, Asia & New Zealand.
During this time, he assisted over 300 organisations and provided training and development to over 10,000 managers and employees, and over his involvement with IPAA he has supported over 500 workshop participants.
He has previously held senior positions within the automotive and mining industries, as well as the Australian Public Service.
Qualifications & Memberships
• Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
• Graduate Diploma In Applied Psychology
• Master of Business Administration
• Member of the Australian Psychological Society
• Chartered Member of Australian Human Resources Institute
• Member of the Australian College of Organisational Psychologists
• PBA Approved Supervisor
• Registered Psychologist
Scott is an experienced consultant and is currently involved in organisation enhancement activities in a number of public and private sector organisations. His areas of expertise include;
• Organisation review and development
• Staff, manager and leader development
• Team building
• Strategic & Business Planning
• Targeted Training
1 half day
9:00am-12:30pm (8:45am registration)
Middle Manager Core (ASO6-ASO8)
Digital Workbook and Resources
Online via Cisco Webex
Personal Member $260
State Government Employee Member $295
Corporate Member $305