- The principles of effective writing and a 4-stage effective writing process.
- Grammar 101.
- Plain English.
- You will Improve your understanding of effective professional writing.
- You will learn how to avoid writing ambiguous and confusing documents.
- You will refresh and update your knowledge of some fundamental grammar and writing structures.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wants to write effective professional documents.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
- Increased understanding of government writing.
- Increased confidence in writing.
- Increased ability to produce high quality writing.
- Increased clarity and succinctness of written material.
- Time and money saved through improvements to quality of written communication.
NOTE: Participants are required to bring a piece of professional writing that you have produced recently, for use at the workshop. This will be kept confidential.
Learn about our speakers
Sue Averay, JP
Sue Averay Management Services
Sue Averay is an experienced management generalist with substantial senior executive experience, mostly at the interface between the strategic and delivery levels of not-for-profit organisations and the public sector. Following a successful career spanning four decades, Sue ‘retired’ into consultancy.
Sue makes things happen, gets things done, helps people and organisations be their best. Flying solo and collaborating widely, Sue provides strategic and operational support for organisations in the public and not for profit sectors that want to improve. She helps them to plan, to achieve what they aim for, to tighten up their governance, and to support and develop their people.
Specialties: In recent years, Sue has become something of an expert in soft skills development for public sector and NFP employees, specialising in effective written and oral communication, career planning and leadership development. She has consulted extensively in organisational development, governance, strategic and business planning and individual and team performance for NFPs. Sue is qualified in the delivery of Team Management Systems individual and team profiles and is an accredited trainer.
Upcoming course availability
Wednesday, 23 September 2020
Wednesday, 21 October 2020
Monday, 16 November 2020
1 full day 9:00am-4:30pm (8:45am registration)
Contact us for alternate duration and delivery style options
Entry Level Core(ASO1-ASO2)
Front Line Core(ASO2-ASO5)
Workbook and Resources
IPAA SA Level 6, 12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Personal Member $515
State Government Employee Member $550
Corporate Member $560