As part of the 2014 “Taking a Stand: responding to domestic violence” the Premier proposed that all South Australian Government departments obtain White Ribbon Workplace Accreditation.
These workshops form part of the White Ribbon accreditation process and are designed to assist Manager/supervisor to:
- increase knowledge of how violence against women impacts on the workplace;
- support the organisation’s approach to preventing violence against women;
- understand duty of care and legal responsibilities in the event of a disclosure of violence;
- undertake workplace risk assessments and develop safety plans;
- provide victims of violence with support, referral and resources.
Prevention of violence in the workplace starts with creating an organisational culture of gender equality and respectful relationships between employees. Managers have a pivotal role in promoting these relationships and ensuring violence-free workplaces.
This workshop series was led by:
- Sandra Dann, Director, Working Women’s Centre
- Alison Meneaud, Community Development Manager, Eastern Adelaide Domestic Violence Service
Event brought to you by
11 February 2016 + 18 February 2016
Training Rm L17, 45 Pirie Street, Adelaide, SA