1. Type of information collected
IPAA may collect information about you in different ways:
- When you become a member of our Institute we collect your contact details and profile information about yourself so that we can facilitate and improve our services to you as a member. Information you deem sensitive in nature will be optional.
- When you register for an event so that IPAA can confirm your registration details and advise you of all necessary information regarding that event.
- When you request that information be sent to you.
- From other publicly accessible government data bases.
2. What is the information used for
IPAA collects information to:
- Provide membership related services.
- Send you information that you request.
- Send you information that is related to your career and work environment and which may be from sources other than IPAA. All material is vetted for relevance to our members.
- Inform you of other IPAA products and services.
- Help improve the services we deliver to you and to measure consumer interest in IPAA services.
- Register you for courses and events.
3. Who else receives your information
IPAA will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you without your knowledge and consent.
IPAA may from time to time provide lists of participants at events where your details will appear. These details will consist of your name, position and your organisation.
4. Security of personal information
IPAA has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or or alteration of the information under its control.
These security measures are:
- Restricted access to the database where the information is stored.
- A back up security system to protect against loss of information collected.
- Hard paper copies are kept in locked filing cabinets and/or stored in locked rooms.
5. Correcting and updating your profile
The following options are available to access and modify information previously provided by you:
- You may gain access to information by contacting the person named below. There will be no charge to you to provide this information.
- You may be able to update your personal details online.
- Hard copy detail update forms which may be sent to you annually.
6. Disposal of information
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently delete personal information if it is not longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used.
Membership information is kept for archival historical purposes and is retained in a secured place. If you do not wish your information to be retained for these purposes, please let us know.
Institute of Public Administration Australia
South Australian Division
GPO Box 13
ADELAIDE SA 5001
DX 449 ADELAIDE
|Phone:||61 8 8212 7555|
|Fax:||61 8 8212 0155|
The following statements are provided for use on specific material produced by IPAA.
1. Members and Customers
IPAA is committed to protecting the privacy of information collected about its members and clients. Your personal information is not shared, sold, rented, traded or otherwise supplied to other third parties. Course participant lists may be shared with other course participants.
No personal information is collected when you browse on our website. Personally identifiable information such as name and contact details are required when you make an enquiry, place an order, register for an event, apply for membership or update your details with us. Information collected is kept for as long as it is needed to provide services and products to you.