Learn a range of coaching styles and develop your own communication practices to ensure you get the result you need from your staff member and team. A particularly relevant session for those new to team leadership, or those subject experts without a background in communication or management.
- What coaching is and isn’t
- The whys of coaching
- How people respond to instruction, feedback and criticism
- The building blocks of coaching
- Reviewing your own coaching style
- Different approaches to try based on style, connection and personality
- Three strategies for coaching
- Having the right conversations, as well as difficult conversations
- Different ways to deliver feedback
- Using your team’s time effectively – meetings, email and online
By the end of this course you will have:
- An understanding of the different coaching and management styles that could be applied.
- An understanding of a range of approaches that could suit your own team and situation.
- Reviewed your current coaching style in a strategic environment.
- Advice on how to approach team communication.
- An appreciation of the tools available to have good conversations, and to deal with difficult conversations.
Who Should Attend
- Team leaders in a middle to lower level of management.
- Managers and leaders who are new to a team leadership role.
- Subject experts finding themselves now running teams, particularly those experts without a background in communication or leadership.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
Your department’s communication among teams will not just improve, it will evolve. Teams can enjoy improvements to their performance and development, and your leaders will have a toolkit to continue their development as they progress through to higher levels of management.
Learn about our speakers
David Rawlings is a seasoned communications professional with 30 years experience in connecting audiences with the right message. His expertise spans government, corporate and not-for-profit and a vast range of industries, represented by local, national and global clients. He cares about the impact of words, and helps organisations find the perfect mix to stand out and connect in a crowded marketplace.
Upcoming course availability
Wednesday, 15 February 2023
Thursday, 11 May 2023
9:00am - 12:30pm (8:45am registration)
First Line Manager Common (ASO3-ASO5)
Middle Manager Core (ASO6-ASO8)
Subject matter experts requiring skills in communication or leadership
Workbook, morning tea and refreshments
IPAA SA, Level 6, 12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
(room location to be advised closer to date)
Personal Members $315
State Government Members $350
Corporate Members and Partners $360
This course is also available in-agency. Please contact us for further information