- What are strategies Government could use?
- The impact of Covid-19 on audience responses
- Evaluating the right communication strategy
- The importance of internal communications
- The effectiveness of external communications
- Tips on managing stakeholder communications
By the end of this course you will have:
- A depth of understanding on not only who your audience(s) are, but also how you can craft content that will effectively engage with them.
- Principles to underpin the development of future content from your department/agency.
- Reviewed your current practices in a strategic environment, and in light of a pandemic.
- Advice on how to approach other departmental or agency staff to help improve the quality of their communication.
Who Should Attend
- Managers and leaders (middle to lower management) in the government communications space who are interested in improving their skills to make more effective decisions regarding marketing and communications.
- Policy or administrative officers who are handed responsibility for communicating a program or project information without any formal training in communication.
This course is for skill development and suitable for anyone who is working with internal or external communications in government and would like to develop and refine their skill-set.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
Your department’s communication will not just improve, it will evolve. Your staff will learn the principles of good communication for 2021 and beyond, ensuring future communication becomes tighter and more targeted, and they can apply their new approaches to any wider communication that is produced.
This session can also be booked as part of the Communications Masterclass in Government series which includes including Effective Writing for Government and Effective Online Communication for Government sessions.
Learn about our speakers
David Rawlings is a seasoned communications professional with 30 years experience in connecting audiences with the right message. His expertise spans government, corporate and not-for-profit and a vast range of industries, represented by local, national and global clients. He cares about the impact of words, and helps organisations find the perfect mix to stand out and connect in a crowded marketplace.
Upcoming course availability
Friday, 04 March 2022
Tuesday, 07 June 2022
1 half day
(8:45am registration) 9:00am -12:30pm
Government staff in a communications role, needing to develop their skills
Workbook, resources, morning tea and refreshments
12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
(please visit registration links for further information)
Personal Member $315
State Government Employee Member $350
Corporate Member $360
This course can be delivered In-Agency. Contact us to discuss the delivery of this course within your department.