- Reviewing existing online platforms in light of performance
- Maximising online engagement
- Using web sites, email and social media to engage with stakeholders
- Developing a range of online content for online platforms
- Evaluating intranets and staff engagement
By the end of this course you will have:
- A depth of understanding on not only who your audience(s) are, but also how you can craft content that will effectively engage with them.
- Principles to underpin the development of future content from your department/agency.
- Reviewed your current practices in a strategic environment.
- Advice on how to approach other departmental or agency staff to help improve the quality of their communication.
- An understanding of how to approach, develop and use online communication tools to help disseminate your messages to your intended audiences.
- An understanding of how to approach, develop and use mainstream or offline communication tools to help disseminate your messages to your intended audiences.
Who Should Attend
- Managers and leaders in the government communications space who are interested in improving their communication skills in a tailored environment.
- Staff handed responsibility for communicating program or project information without any formal training in communication.
- Anyone else working in the government communications space who would like to expand their skill-set and be able to make more effective decisions regarding marketing and communications.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
Your department’s communication will not just improve, it will evolve. Your staff will learn the principles of good communication for 2021 and beyond, ensuring future communication becomes tighter and more targeted, and they can apply their new approaches to any wider communication that is produced.
Learn about our speakers
David Rawlings is a seasoned communications professional with 30 years experience in connecting audiences with the right message. His expertise spans government, corporate and not-for-profit and a vast range of industries, represented by local, national and global clients. He cares about the impact of words, and helps organisations find the perfect mix to stand out and connect in a crowded marketplace.
Upcoming course availability
Thursday, 20 May 2021
1 half day
(8:45am registration) 9:00am -12:30pm
Government staff reliant on communications for their role
Workbook, resources and refreshments
Level 3, 12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Personal Member $315
State Government Employee Member $350
Corporate Member $360
This course can be delivered In-Agency. Contact us to discuss the delivery of this course within your department.