- Translating Government internal language into reader-friendly wording
- Writing to achieve an outcome … every time
- How to produce user-friendly documents
- Writing for a range of Government publications
- Managing in-house expectations
- Managing approvals and buy-in
By the end of this course you will have:
- A depth of understanding on not only who your audience(s) are, but also how you can craft content that will effectively engage with them.
- Principles to underpin the development of future content from your department/agency.
- Reviewed your current practices in a strategic environment.
- Advice on how to approach other departmental or agency staff to help improve the quality of their communication.
- An understanding of how to approach, develop and use mainstream or offline communication tools to help disseminate your messages to your intended audiences.
Who Should Attend
- Managers and leaders (middle to lower management) in the government communications space who are interested in improving their skills to make more effective decisions regarding marketing and communications.
- Policy or administrative officers who are handed responsibility for communicating a program or project information without any formal training in communication.
This course is for skill development and suitable for anyone with lower to middle range communication skills.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
Your department’s communication will not just improve, it will evolve. Your staff will learn the principles of good communication for 2023 and beyond, ensuring future communication becomes tighter and more targeted, and they can apply their new approaches to any wider communication that is produced.
Learn about our speakers
David Rawlings is a seasoned communications professional with 30 years experience in connecting audiences with the right message. His expertise spans government, corporate and not-for-profit and a vast range of industries, represented by local, national and global clients. He cares about the impact of words, and helps organisations find the perfect mix to stand out and connect in a crowded marketplace.
Upcoming course availability
Friday, 17 November 2023
BOOKED OUT - email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
Friday, 08 March 2024
Monday, 13 May 2024
1 half day
(8:45am registration) 9:00am -12:30pm
Government staff in a communications role, needing to develop their skills
Workbook, resources, morning tea and refreshments
12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000 (room location to be advised closer to date)
Personal Member $355
State Govt Employee Member $390
Corporate Member $405
This course can be delivered In-Agency. Contact us to discuss the delivery of this course within your department.