Topics you will cover include:
- Understanding Employee Engagement in Australia
- Organisational drivers for engagement
- Work-team drivers for engagement
- Building engagement
- Engagement and Wellbeing
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define likely ‘engagers’ in your work area
- Explore ways to enhance engagement
- Recognise the dis-engagers
- Build a plan to enhance engagement and wellbeing
Who should attend?
This course will be of greatest benefit if you are a leader or manager who is trying to enhance the performance or their team as well as those who are looking for strategies to also improve wellbeing.
Benefits to you
By attending this course, you will develop a greater awareness of the actions that can enhance engagement to develop an action plan that will build engagement within your team or department.
Benefits to your agency/department
Your agency/department will benefit through your new skills as a manager or leader who can build and maintain a positive and engaging workplace that will contribute to enhanced individual and team performance.
Learn about our speakers
BDO Industrial & Organisational Psychology (SA) Pty Ltd
Scott is the founder and director of BDO Industrial & Organisational Psychology. He is a registered Organisational Psychologist with over thirty years consulting experience throughout Australia, Asia & New Zealand.
During this time, he assisted over 300 organisations and provided training and development to over 10,000 managers and employees, and over his involvement with IPAA he has supported over 500 workshop participants.
He has previously held senior positions within the automotive and mining industries, as well as the Australian Public Service.
Qualifications & Memberships
• Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
• Graduate Diploma In Applied Psychology
• Master of Business Administration
• Member of the Australian Psychological Society
• Chartered Member of Australian Human Resources Institute
• Member of the Australian College of Organisational Psychologists
• PBA Approved Supervisor
• Registered Psychologist
Scott is an experienced consultant and is currently involved in organisation enhancement activities in a number of public and private sector organisations. His areas of expertise include;
• Organisation review and development
• Staff, manager and leader development
• Team building
• Strategic & Business Planning
• Targeted Training
Upcoming course availability
Tuesday, 30 May 2023
9:00am-12:30pm (8:45am registration)
Contact us for alternate duration and delivery style options including online.
Middle Manager Common (ASO6-AS08-MAS03)
(this competency framework is provided as a guide only)
Workbook, morning tea and refreshments
Level 6, 12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
(please visit registration links for further information)
Professional Member $315
State Government Employee Member $350
Corporate Member $360
This course can be delivered In-Agency. Contact us to discuss the delivery of this course within your department.