This session discusses:
- What is a Risk Appetite Statement and why is it beneficial?
- Keeping the thread: How does a Risk Appetite Statement ‘fit’ into risk management
- Key Risk Indicators: How does this support your Risk Appetite Statement?
- Key tips and tricks to develop a value add and specific (non disclaimer!) risk appetite statement?
- How can you embed a Risk Appetite Statement?
This session is aligned to the SA Government Risk Management Guide as defined by SA Government Financing Authority (SAFA).
- An understanding of what a risk appetite statement is and why its beneficial
- How a risk appetite statement can support good risk management practices
- How to develop and articulate a risk appetite statement
Who Should Attend
Anyone is welcome – Especially those supporting the organisation to develop Risk Appetite Statements
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
Knowing what type and how much of risk to take can be challenging. By having a specific and explicit risk appetite statement, you can understand your organisation’s risk tolerance to take risk in accordance with your organisation’s risk management practices.
Learn about our speakers
Director and Facilitator
Oxford and James
Teresa is a founding Director of Oxford and James with over 17 years’ experience in quality assurance, internal audit and risk management. Teresa is a globally qualified Internal Auditor and has completed a fraud investigation qualification. Teresa’s experience is vast having worked in the public and private sector in Australia, Europe and the United Kingdom.
Teresa spends a lot of time advising Board Directors and Executives across risk management and internal audit, specifically around areas of emerging risk and how to communicate risk well across an organisation.
Teresa is a professional member of the IIA, a fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia and a member of the Institute of Strategic Risk Management.
Upcoming course availability
Tuesday, 21 November 2023
9:00am - 12:30pm (8:45am registration)
Resources, morning tea and refreshments
12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
(room location to be advised closer to date)
Personal Member $315
State Govt Employee Member $350
Corporate Member $360
This course is also available in-agency. Please contact us for further information