- Explains the concepts of risk management and raise awareness of the current risk situation within the organisation.
- Highlights the fun of frameworks: Guidelines, better practice and boundaries (The focus is primarily ISO 31000:2018, and steps through the process of risk management in accordance with the standard)
- Articulates and align the risks – Consideration of why this is important?
- Discusses the importance of how to consider all relevant risks as part of the one risk management approach (ie: cyber, climate change)
- A foundation level understanding of risk management
- How risk management supports good decision making
- Why risk is relevant to your role within the public sector
Who Should Attend
Anyone working in the public sector, especially those new to risk, or needing a refresher
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
In accordance with SAFA’s risk management guide, and Treasurers Instruction 2, public sector officers have risk management responsibilities. This session will support you to understand risk management and how to effectively make decisions in accordance with your organisation’s risk management practices.
Learn about our speakers
Director and Facilitator
Oxford and James
Teresa is a founding Director of Oxford and James with over 17 years’ experience in quality assurance, internal audit and risk management. Teresa is a globally qualified Internal Auditor and has completed a fraud investigation qualification. Teresa’s experience is vast having worked in the public and private sector in Australia, Europe and the United Kingdom.
Teresa spends a lot of time advising Board Directors and Executives across risk management and internal audit, specifically around areas of emerging risk and how to communicate risk well across an organisation.
Teresa is a professional member of the IIA, a fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia and a member of the Institute of Strategic Risk Management.
Upcoming course availability
Monday, 25 March 2024
Wednesday, 19 June 2024
9:00am - 12:30pm (8:45am registration)
Resources, morning tea and refreshments
12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
(room location to be advised closer to date)
Personal Member $355
State Govt Employee Member $390
Corporate Member $405
This course is also available in-agency. Please contact us for further information