- Change processes; a range emotional and cognitive responses.
- Stages of change – emotional and behavioural reactions.
- Identifying and acknowledging each individual’s current place in the stages of change.
- Building a plan to engage and support staff with the change process.
- Communication skills 101.
- Identifying core skills, personality characteristics and behaviours.
- Finding tasks/roles which allow the individual to develop their potential.
- Understand the “Stages of Change” Model.
- Improve planning and communication skills for difficult conversations involving workers who are “stuck”.
- Be able to acknowledge where individuals are “stuck” and develop a plan to move forward.
- Develop awareness of your leadership strengths.
- Devise a plan of action to improve areas for development.
- Have a plan on how to implement these new skills in your leadership role.
Who Should Attend
Managers, leaders and HR professionals.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
- Improved performance and engagement.
- Improvements in team cohesion & communication.
- Provides leaders with practical skills and a plan to implement these in the workplace.
- Return on investment in mental health initiatives in organisations has been estimated to be $2.30 for every $1 invested.
Learn about our speakers
Registered Psychologist with a background in forensic psychology and organisational consulting. Luke provides expert medico-legal reports and testimony in criminal matters and has given evidence in all levels of court South Australia. As a Forensic Psychologist he has worked in the areas of deviant sexual behaviours, violence & aggression, fraud, substance abuse and personality disorders.
Over 15 years, practical experience in Workers Compensation, Employee Assistance Program delivery, Critical Incident Management and Forensic Psychology (particularly personality disorders) has combined to provide Luke with powerful insight into human behaviour in the workplace. Luke has written and delivers workshops aimed at improving the confidence and skills of any leader who manages staff. Managing challenging behaviours, improving employee wellbeing, understanding mental health and preventing burnout all impact on improving workplace performance and productivity.
1 half day 9:00am-12:30pm (8:45am registration)
First Line Manager Common/Core (AS02-AS05)
Middle Manager Common/Core (AS06-AS08)
Workbook, resources, morning tea and refreshments
IPAA SA Level 6, 12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Professional Member $315
State Government Employee Member $350
Corporate Member $360
This course can also be delivered online or in-agency. Contact us for alternate delivery style options.