At the start of the pandemic, businesses were given the keys to Zoom and Microsoft Teams and told how to use it but provided with little assistance in how to use it effectively. Fast forward to now … online meetings and virtual presentations are here to stay; they’re no longer novel and Zoom fatigue is starting to creep into the workplace. Learn how to get better engagement and use of time with your online presentations in this half-day session.
- Before the Presentation:
- Setting up your presentation to succeed
- Getting people thinking and engaged before you start
- Starting your presentation early
- Planning the online environment into your presentation/meeting
- Scripting, storyboarding and planning your delivery
- Defining the engagement you want … and using your time to get it
- Handling the Presentation:
- Managing your delivery
- Managing participation in the main call
- Managing breakout conversations
- Handling questions, chat and interaction
- After the presentation:
- Following up discussion points
- Continuing the conversation after your session
- Reinforcing your key points in follow up discussions
- Planning for the next session
By the end of this course you will have:
- A depth of understanding on how to handle the dynamics of an online presentation.
- Tips on how to build engagement in your online session.
- Principles to conduct your online presentation in a way that maximises the use of yours – and your participants’ – time.
- Advice on how to communicate before, during and after your presentation.
Who Should Attend
- Team leaders working with remote teams
- Presenters needing to use virtual presentations to reach stakeholders or staff in various locations.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
The time spent by your department in online meetings can be improved, along with levels of engagement you expect from stakeholders, the community and other agencies in your virtual presentation. Your staff will learn the principles of online engagement for 2023 and beyond, ensuring their skillset continues to evolve as online meetings and virtual presentations continue into the future.
Learn about our speakers
David Rawlings is a seasoned communications professional with 30 years experience in connecting audiences with the right message. His expertise spans government, corporate and not-for-profit and a vast range of industries, represented by local, national and global clients. He cares about the impact of words, and helps organisations find the perfect mix to stand out and connect in a crowded marketplace.
9:00am - 12:30pm (8:45am registration)
This course is appropriate to all public sector staff who need to make online presentations to any audience
Workbook, morning tea and refreshments
12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
(room location to be advised closer to date)
Personal Member $315
State Govt Employee Member $350
Corporate Member $360
This course is also available in-agency. Please contact us for further information