The Office for the Public Sector, along with IPAA, was delighted to present A Level Playing Field – Gender Equality in Leadership Summit, an inaugural event to empower public sector employees to drive inclusive leadership where men and women are equally represented, valued and rewarded.
The program featured:
- Rabia Siddique – hostage survivor, former war crimes prosecutor, international humanitarian and retired British Army officer
- Christine Nixon – Men, Women and Systems “, what needs to be done to achieve equality.
For quite some time it has been suggested that if we just “fix the women”, or “if the men just stepped up”, or if the HR, recruitment, reward systems worked fairly then all would be solved.
The presentation will focus on the key changes that need to be made by Men and Women and to the systems they work within.
- a lively debate between public sector leaders including Chief Executives
- presentation on unconscious bias by Male Champion of Change, Martin Parkinson, Secretary, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- hands-on leadership development exercises “Keep your brain on the game” with Anna Lee.
Amanda Blair, Co-Chair of the Premier’s Council for Women was the MC for the day.
The new Gender Equality in Leadership Strategy was launched featuring the gender equality hat-trick: Leadership Accountability, an Empowered Workplace and Sustainable Talent Pipeline.