In this training, you will explore:
- Common risks and challenges of public and stakeholder engagement
- The risks of not engaging
- How to design engagement approaches for stakeholders and communities alike that minimise or manage these risks
- Learn about engagement methods that will best assist you in managing in this complex environment and where to use them. In particular:
- Co-design methods principles and methods
- Understanding people’s lived experience
- Deliberative engagement principles and methods
- Achieving diversity – Recruitment and participant selection processes – to move beyond the squeaky wheels
- How you achieve consensus between groups with strong disparate views
- How you build knowledge and understanding in the community of the facts
- How to bring your stakeholders (industry/NGOs/government) on a journey together with community
- How to sell engagement approaches internally – how do you convince others in your organisations and Ministers
By the end of this training, you will understand how you can be a driver for sensible and evidence-based policy and help your important policy work stay on track.
Who Should Attend
This training is for senior policy staff and senior project leads, including managers as well as all communications and engagement staff.
Upcoming course availability
Wednesdays, 15+22 November 2023
BOOKED OUT - email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
Extensive digital resources
Online via Webex
Personal Member $515
State Govt Employee Member $555
Corporate Member $565