- Project Lifecycle.
- Project Justification & Design (Logic, Scope, Who).
- Project Planning (Schedule, Budget, Risk).
- Project Delivery (Tracking, Adapting, Completing).
- Project Articulation
- Gain a working knowledge and practical understanding of the nature of public sector projects and the fundamental elements of project management.
- Work effectively within the project lifecycle, engaging the necessary actions from initiation to evaluation.
- Apply proven scoping and planning techniques to projects
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for those who might have been exposed to project management but are still at an introductory level. It will suit those who need a refresher on the basics of project management or want to improve their knowledge and learn some systems to perform more efficiently.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
- Better understand your project requirements to achieve greater project success and understanding in your agency/ organisation.
- Improved capability of staff will create project efficiencies in your agency/organisation.
* Participants are requested to bring a current or future project with them.
Learn about our speakers
Mark Priadko helps his business clients think clearly through complex situations and opportunities.
Mark has worked for the last 15 years as a freelance contractor and consultant based in Adelaide, South Australia.
Clients include organisations from all levels of government (state, federal and local), Universities, and other for-profit and not-for-profit organisations. His love of learning, his experience and understanding of finances and strategy, and his curiosity lead him to insights into how organisations and their various functions and projects can be progressed or improved.
Mark Priadko works with his clients to more clearly understand their organisations helping them make quality decisions often in complex situations. Mark is engaged by his clients in a range of ways including:
• Independent thinking - to perform detailed organisational and financial analysis and deliver reports containing findings and recommendations and to produce business cases, proposals or business plans designed to improve the organisation
• Training and Development - to develop and deliver training in courses on topics like Financial Management, Strategic Thinking, Constructing Business Cases, Critical Thinking and Problem Solving and Analysing and Presenting Data.
• Facilitated thinking - To facilitate the thinking and planning necessary to help an organisation develop strategic and business plans, business cases/proposals and approaches to reporting.
Mark has developed and delivered a range of training courses for publicly offered programs and tailored courses specific to client requirements. Tailoring of training takes into account specific organisational requirements, processes and reporting formats as well as the development of case studies relevant to the organisation.
Courses and training materials have been developed for:
• Financial Management (including managing budgets and financial plans)
• Strategic Thinking
• Preparing reports and business cases
• Analysing and presenting data
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• An Introduction to Project Management
• Innovation and Creativity.
Clients include public sector Departments (State and Federal), Local Councils, Universities, Large Infrastructure Companies and not-for-profit organisations.
The first half of his professional career led him to Executive roles in South Australian Treasury and Finance. He has a deep knowledge of government decision-making processes and public sector financial management. The second half of his career has seen Mark work with a range of clients, largely public sector, on initiatives to improve their organisations or develop their staff. Mark has public sector clients based in Adelaide, Canberra and Hobart.
Mark’s former responsibilities in Treasury and Finance included providing advice on the State Government’s financial strategy, legislation and policies, overseeing whole of government banking, financial reporting and related financial systems and working with agencies as part of the annual budget process and weekly Cabinet processes.
Mark also worked for in BHP Billiton as a team leader involved in establishing teams in the Shared Service Centre in 2000 and 2001.
Mark has an Honours Degree in Economics and a Graduate Diploma in Marketing.
Mark is married (to Gemma for 24 years) and has three children (Bonnie – 20, Charlotte – 17 and Xavier – 13). He also serves as a volunteer board member for Arid Recovery Pty Ltd (conservation and research organisation) and as a trustee for the Julie Farr McLeod Benevolent Fund (supporting services to the disability community).
1 full day 9:00am-4:30pm (8:45am registration)
Contact us for alternate duration and delivery style options
First Line Manager Core (ASO2-ASO5)
Middle Manager Common (ASO6-ASO8)
Extensive workbook and resources
Please contact us for more information
Please contact us for more information