- The difference between a manager and a leader.
- Characteristics of great leaders (and bad leaders).
- 21st Century requirements of managers including essential people skills.
- Critical review of current Leadership theories.
- Self-assessment of Leadership Competencies based on public sector models.
- Generation of personal Action Plan to target competency development needs.
- Authentic Leadership model and exercises.
- Emotional Intelligence including case study and self- assessment.
- Understand the core competencies of a 21st Century manager and leader.
- Critically evaluate current Leadership theories.
- Understand Authentic Leadership theory and how to apply it to your role.
- Understand Emotional Intelligence.
- Assess your own EQ and identify areas for improvement.
- Implement a Personal Plan to develop Leadership / EQ competencies.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for anyone who is developing skills in leading or managing people.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
- Improved manager competence and engagement.
- Enhanced team effectiveness and cohesion.
- Improved emotional intelligence.
This course is also available face-to-face here.
Learn about our speakers
Samantha Young M.Psych. (Clin.), M.B.A, B.A. (Hons.), MAPS, GAICD
Samantha brings a unique combination of senior management and commercial experience, psychological intervention skills and Masters-level formal education in both business and psychology to her clinical, training, coaching and consulting work. Sam has delivered training for IPAA for nearly ten years with consistently positive participant feedback and is a sought after facilitator and keynote speaker, working with hundreds of employees and managers every year. The 21st Manager series designed by Sam incorporates the latest in psychological research, leadership theory and neuroscience and is now in its ninth year.
Samantha has worked as a Consultant with Boston Consulting Group, Sales & Marketing Manager for The Body Shop and Strategy Manager for Myer GraceBros. Samantha holds Bachelor and Postgraduate qualifications in business and psychology, including a Master Degree in Clinical Psychology and an MBA from Melbourne University. Samantha has completed the Company Director’s Course and is a member of the Australian Psychological Society.
Samantha is passionate about helping people to think, feel and perform better to realise their human potential. She is CEO of Human Psychology, one of Adelaide’s largest psychological services providers and now part of the APM Group globally, with a team of 25 clinicians operating for nearly 17 years. Human Psychology’s mission is to help organisations and their people to embrace 21st-century change by enhancing their self-awareness, building stronger and more cohesive relationships, increasing engagement, developing resilience and most importantly, caring for themselves and others. Human Psychology is the Employee Assistance Program provider for numerous public sector agencies, including SA Health, Department for Education, Attorney General’s Department and Department of Correctional Services. Samantha also coaches executives and leaders across multiple agencies. This experience as a wellbeing partner over nearly two decades has given Samantha a deep understanding of the challenges faced by public sector leaders.
1 half day 9:00am-12:30pm (8:45am registration)
Contact us for alternate duration and delivery style options
First Line Manager Common (ASO3-ASO5)
Middle Manager Core (ASO6-ASO8)
(this competency framework is provided as a guide only)
Digital Workbook and Resources
Online via Microsoft Teams
(not sure if this platform is suitable for you? Contact us and one of our friendly team will arrange a test session for you - there are options to suit everyone)
Personal Member $290
State Govt Employee Member $330
Corporate Member $340