- The core elements of conflict
- The causes and dynamics of conflict
- The different conflict styles
- Conflict Management and Conflict Transformation Skills
- Dealing with difficult people
- Effective communication
- Managing high emotions of others and self
- Standing up for oneself in a respectful way.
- Understand the core elements and dynamics of conflict
- Understand what makes people tick in conflict, including you
- Identify different conflicts styles, including your own
- Develop skills to have meaningful conversations even if you disagree with one another
- Develop strategies to avoid escalation of conflicts, de-escalate and resolve conflict
Who Should Attend
This course will be of greatest benefit for people working in diverse or small teams that strongly depend on internal collaboration and people working with a different range of clients and stakeholders.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
You will improve your techniques to manage conflicts effectively, learn how to create win-win situations build mutual understanding and common ground, acknowledging existing needs, all to calm down existing high conflict and avoid escalation of emerging conflict.
Managing conflicts efficiently increases the overall productivity of your organisation, boosts staff moral and engagement and prevents high turnover of staff.
Learn about our speakers
Mediator, Leadership & Team Coach
Thilan Legierse is an accredited mediator and executive coach with a Master of Law from the University of Amsterdam. She started her career as a barrister and subsequently worked for 12 years for the United Nations on War Crimes and Human Rights. In South Australia, before founding her consultancy Win-Win Matters, she worked as a government investigator, a senior Project Officer for Multicultural SA and an HR Manager for the Department for Education. She has mediated hundreds of workplace conflicts and trained more than a thousand people on communication, conflict resolution and leadership skills. She is the author of the book ‘Dealing with Conflict at Work’.
Upcoming course availability
Monday, 26 September 2022
Wednesday, 30 November 2022
BOOKED OUT - email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist.
1 full day
9:00am - 4:30pm (8:45am registration)
First Line Manager Common(ASO2-ASO5)
Middle Manager Core(ASO6-ASO8)
Workbook, resources, lunch, morning tea and refreshments
12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
(please visit registration links for further information)
Personal Member $515
State Government Employee Member $550
Corporate Member $560
This course is also available for in-agency delivery. Contact us for further information.