- Understanding personality and individual difference and diversity.
- Defining inappropriate workplace behaviours.
- Obligations and boundaries of managers and employers.
- Understanding our emotional reactions to challenging behaviours.
- Performance management skills.
- Coaching skills.
- Discussion and analysis of case studies of common difficult personality presentations including psychopathy and narcissism.
- Understand Personality Disorders.
- Understand the difference between annoying behaviour and disordered behaviour.
- Implement improved performance management and coaching skills.
- Develop a generic management plan for individuals displaying problematic personality traits.
- Have a personal plan on how to implement these new skills in your leadership role.
Who Should Attend
Those who are leading or supervising people and hope to gain an understanding of how to manage different personality types.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
Enhance your abilities to manage different personality types within teams of people. As a result, your organisation will benefit from improved personnel management to increase productivity.
Please register your interest below for future training dates for this course.
This course is also available online here.
Learn about our speakers
Samantha Young M.Psych. (Clin.), M.B.A, B.A. (Hons.), MAPS, GAICD
Samantha brings a unique combination of senior management and commercial experience, psychological intervention skills and Masters-level formal education in both business and psychology to her clinical, training, coaching and consulting work. Sam has delivered training for IPAA for nearly five years and is a sought after facilitator, working with hundreds of employees and managers every year. The 21st Manager series designed by Sam incorporates the latest in psychological research, leadership theory and neuroscience and is now in its fifth year.
Samantha has worked as a Consultant with Boston Consulting Group, Sales & Marketing Manager for The Body Shop and Strategy Manager for Myer GraceBros. Samantha holds Bachelor and Postgraduate qualifications in business and psychology, including a Master Degree in Clinical Psychology and an MBA from Melbourne University. Samantha has completed the Company Director’s Course and is a member of the Australian Psychological Society.
Samantha is passionate about helping people to think, feel and perform better to realise their human potential. She is Managing Director of Human Psychology, one of Adelaide’s largest psychological services providers, with a team of 25 people operating for over 10 years. Human Psychology’s mission is to help organisations and their people to embrace 21st-century change by enhancing their self-awareness, building stronger and more cohesive relationships, increasing engagement, developing resilience and most importantly, caring for themselves and others.
Upcoming course availability
Wednesday, 09 June 2021
1 half day 9:00am-12:30pm (8:45am registration)
Contact us for alternate duration and delivery style options
First Line Manager Common (ASO3-ASO5)
Middle Manager Core (ASO6-ASO8)
Workbook, Resources and refreshments
IPAA SA Level 6, 12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Professional Member $315
State Government Employee Member $350
Corporate Member $360