- Review of the Public Sector Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct including tools to embed these values into agreed team behaviours.
- Definitions of bullying & harassment.
- Understanding why people engage in this behaviour.
- Attributes of an ethical leader/organisation.
- Case study for group discussion.
- Reducing risk on the workplace.
- Understand the Public Sector Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct.
- Identify the differences between bullying, harassment, and reasonable workplace action.
- Review workplace policies to ensure they align with best practice.
- Understand how to promote ethical conduct, integrity and civility.
Who Should Attend
Those who are leading or supervising people and are seeking to raise the bar of their management skills.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
- Build systems to reduce the likelihood of unwanted behaviours occurring in the workplace.
- Greater understanding of organisational responsibility to provide a safe working environment.
- Reinforce best practice for responding to claims of bullying/ harassment allegations.
- Increased confidence for managers in addressing poor work performance.
This course is also available online.
Learn about our speakers
Samantha Young M.Psych. (Clin.), M.B.A, B.A. (Hons.), MAPS, GAICD
Samantha brings a unique combination of senior management and commercial experience, psychological intervention skills and Masters-level formal education in both business and psychology to her clinical, training, coaching and consulting work. Sam has delivered training for IPAA for nearly five years and is a sought after facilitator, working with hundreds of employees and managers every year. The 21st Manager series designed by Sam incorporates the latest in psychological research, leadership theory and neuroscience and is now in its fifth year.
Samantha has worked as a Consultant with Boston Consulting Group, Sales & Marketing Manager for The Body Shop and Strategy Manager for Myer GraceBros. Samantha holds Bachelor and Postgraduate qualifications in business and psychology, including a Master Degree in Clinical Psychology and an MBA from Melbourne University. Samantha has completed the Company Director’s Course and is a member of the Australian Psychological Society.
Samantha is passionate about helping people to think, feel and perform better to realise their human potential. She is Managing Director of Human Psychology, one of Adelaide’s largest psychological services providers, with a team of 25 people operating for over 10 years. Human Psychology’s mission is to help organisations and their people to embrace 21st-century change by enhancing their self-awareness, building stronger and more cohesive relationships, increasing engagement, developing resilience and most importantly, caring for themselves and others.
Upcoming course availability
Friday, 17 March 2023
1 half day 9:00am-12:30pm (8:45am registration)
Contact us for alternate duration and delivery style options
First Line Manager Common (ASO3-ASO5)
Middle Manager Core (ASO6-ASO8)
(this competency framework is provided as a guide only)
Workbook, resources, morning tea and refreshments
IPAA SA Level 6, 12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Personal Members $315
State Government Members $350
Corporate Members and Partners $360
This course is also available online or in-agency. Please contact us for further information