- Planning the content, structure and style of a briefing
- Understanding purpose, audience and context before you begin drafting
- Using a checklist to choose relevant content
- Prioritising information to create a logical structure
- Getting to the point and using Plain English.
- Gain a better understanding of what Ministers and senior decision makers require in briefings.
- Gain the skills and tools to plan, draft and edit effective briefings that are clear and concise and meet the needs of your audiences.
Who Should Attend
Anyone required to deliver or proofread briefings for decision makers.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
- Increased efficiency in producing persuasive briefing documents
- Produce higher quality professional documents in keeping with department expectations and guides.
Learn about our speakers
Fourth Pillar Communications
With 35 years’ professional experience, including more than a decade as an accredited trainer, Kristen Barry has facilitated courses for hundreds of managers and staff in government and not-for-profit organisations around Australia and the Asia-Pacific region. Course participants regularly comment on Kristen’s, engaging and inclusive style, and her ability to make concepts easy to learn.
Kristen’s career includes roles as a broadcast journalist, Ministerial adviser and communications executive. Kristen holds a Master’s degree in Management, a Bachelor of Arts in Communications and trainer qualifications.
Upcoming course availability
Thursday, 18 August 2022
Thursday, 22 September 2022
Wednesday, 19 October 2022
Friday, 04 November 2022
Monday, 12 December 2022
1 half day 9:00am-12:30pm (8:45am registration)
Contact us for alternate duration and delivery style options
Entry Level Common(ASO1-ASO2)
First Line Manager Common/Core(ASO2-ASO5)
(this is provided as a guide only)
Workbook and resources
Online via Zoom
Personal Member $260
State Government Employee Member $295
Corporate Member $305