- Planning the content, structure and style of a briefing
- Understanding purpose, audience and context before you begin drafting
- Using a checklist to choose relevant content
- Prioritising information to create a logical structure
- Getting to the point and using Plain English.
- Gain a better understanding of what Ministers and senior decision makers require in briefings.
- Gain the skills and tools to plan, draft and edit effective briefings that are clear and concise and meet the needs of your audiences.
Who Should Attend
Anyone required to deliver or proofread briefings for decision makers.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
- Increased efficiency in producing persuasive briefing documents
- Produce higher quality professional documents in keeping with department expectations and guides.
Learn about our speakers
Strategic Communication Advisor
Accredited Trainer and Facilitator
Anne McCaig is a strategic communications specialist and an accredited facilitator who has delivered hundreds of successful workshops to public sector audiences.
Over the past 20 years, she has worked for many agencies across the public service and in the international development sector in roles that have required clear writing about complex issues for decision-makers.
Anne began her career as a broadcast journalist, and has worked as a political correspondent for ABC radio programs AM, PM and The World Today. She has also worked as an adviser to two Federal Cabinet ministers in Canberra.
Upcoming course availability
Tuesday, 16 November 2021
Tuesday, 07 December 2021
1 half day 9:00am-12:30pm (8:45am registration)
Contact us for alternate duration and delivery style options
Entry Level Common(ASO1-ASO2)
First Line Manager Common/Core(ASO2-ASO5)
(this is provided as a guide only)
Workbook and resources
Online via Zoom
Personal Member $260
State Government Employee Member $295
Corporate Member $305