- What is communication?
- Verbal and non-verbal skills.
- High impact presentation skills.
- Barriers to effective communication.
- Gender differences in communication at work.
- Assertiveness skills.
- Self-assessment of personality style and impact on communication.
- Breaking down internal and external barriers to implement these skills in the workplace.
- Understand the principles of effective communication.
- Identify your own communication strengths and areas for improvement.
- Understand barriers to effective communication.
- Improve your assertiveness, confidence and presentation skills.
Who Should Attend
Those leading and managing people who would like to enhance their communication skills.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
- Understanding of effective communication principles and techniques.
- Understanding what tends to go wrong with communication at work and why.
- Build your personal impact as a manager
- Be more confident in being assertive, presenting and communicating across diverse employee groups and communication channels.
This course is also available face-to-face here.
Learn about our speakers
Samantha Young M.Psych. (Clin.), M.B.A, B.A. (Hons.), MAPS, GAICD
Samantha brings a unique combination of senior management and commercial experience, psychological intervention skills and Masters-level formal education in both business and psychology to her clinical, training, coaching and consulting work. Sam has delivered training for IPAA for nearly five years and is a sought after facilitator, working with hundreds of employees and managers every year. The 21st Manager series designed by Sam incorporates the latest in psychological research, leadership theory and neuroscience and is now in its fifth year.
Samantha has worked as a Consultant with Boston Consulting Group, Sales & Marketing Manager for The Body Shop and Strategy Manager for Myer GraceBros. Samantha holds Bachelor and Postgraduate qualifications in business and psychology, including a Master Degree in Clinical Psychology and an MBA from Melbourne University. Samantha has completed the Company Director’s Course and is a member of the Australian Psychological Society.
Samantha is passionate about helping people to think, feel and perform better to realise their human potential. She is Managing Director of Human Psychology, one of Adelaide’s largest psychological services providers, with a team of 25 people operating for over 10 years. Human Psychology’s mission is to help organisations and their people to embrace 21st-century change by enhancing their self-awareness, building stronger and more cohesive relationships, increasing engagement, developing resilience and most importantly, caring for themselves and others.
Upcoming course availability
Thursday, 18 March 2021
1 half day 9:00am-12:30pm (8:45am registration)
Contact us for alternate duration and delivery style options
First Line Manager Common (ASO3-ASO5)
Middle Manager Core (ASO6-ASO8)
Digital Workbook and Resources
Online via Cisco Webex
Personal Member $260
State Government Employee Member $295
Corporate Member $305