- Understanding your ‘market’.
- Recognising hot and cold buttons in others.
- Assembling your argument.
- Shaping and delivering your ‘pitch’.
- Dealing with resistance.
- Preparing for the future.
- Better understand the motivators of your key audience.
- Deliver a compelling message to others.
- Present new ideas and concepts.
- Positively deal with resistance and reluctance.
- Bring about changes while protecting relationships.
Who Should Attend
This workshop will be of greatest benefit for those who are managing staff, having to manage up or deal with key stakeholders.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
Those who attend will be better able to package and present their ideas and concepts and in so doing facilitate change and greater understanding. Your agency/department will benefit through your ability to persuade and influence others so that they have a clearer understanding of your communication.
Learn about our speakers
BDO Industrial & Organisational Psychology (SA) Pty Ltd
Scott is the founder and director of BDO Industrial & Organisational Psychology. He is a registered Organisational Psychologist with over thirty years consulting experience throughout Australia, Asia & New Zealand.
During this time, he assisted over 300 organisations and provided training and development to over 10,000 managers and employees, and over his involvement with IPAA he has supported over 500 workshop participants.
He has previously held senior positions within the automotive and mining industries, as well as the Australian Public Service.
Qualifications & Memberships
• Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
• Graduate Diploma In Applied Psychology
• Master of Business Administration
• Member of the Australian Psychological Society
• Chartered Member of Australian Human Resources Institute
• Member of the Australian College of Organisational Psychologists
• PBA Approved Supervisor
• Registered Psychologist
Scott is an experienced consultant and is currently involved in organisation enhancement activities in a number of public and private sector organisations. His areas of expertise include;
• Organisation review and development
• Staff, manager and leader development
• Team building
• Strategic & Business Planning
• Targeted Training
Upcoming course availability
Tuesday, 02 May 2023
1 half day 9:00am-12:30pm (8:45am registration)
Contact us for alternate duration and delivery style options
Middle Manager Core (ASO6-ASO8)
Workbook, resources, morning tea and refreshments
IPAA SA Level 6, 12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Personal Member $315
State Government Employee Member $350
Corporate Member $360