What is Neroleadership and how can you apply it in your work? Learn the essentials of this concept here.
- Understand the practice of neuroleadership and the fundamentals of neuroanatomy.
- How leadership behaviours impact upon the neurobiology of employee engagement.
- Culture and the Head / Heart / Hands model of leadership.
- Recognise why reward is critical to team and individual motivation, and how you can leverage it effectively.
- Understand the impact of environment, and how you can design your organisation to optimise performance and engagement.
- Understanding the basic human needs at work, and how they impact on the execution of strategic and operational business, particularly change management.
- Apply practical and effective actions to build neuroleadership into daily leadership practice.
- Increase self-awareness and incorporate neuroscience principles in to personal leadership mindsets and behaviours.
- Understand and influence employee and team workplace values and behaviours.
- Strategically work in a way that delivers results by understanding key human drivers and behaviours to shape culture.
Who Should Attend
Managers, leaders and emerging managers who want to incorporate the emerging field of neuroscience into their leadership behaviours.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
Leaders will learn skills and tools on how to build a working environment that aligns with human motivation, providing the platform for effective decision making, action orientation, and a collaborative culture of achievement.
Learn about our speakers
Samantha Young M.Psych. (Clin.), M.B.A, B.A. (Hons.), MAPS, GAICD
Samantha brings a unique combination of senior management and commercial experience, psychological intervention skills and Masters-level formal education in both business and psychology to her clinical, training, coaching and consulting work. Sam has delivered training for IPAA for nearly five years and is a sought after facilitator, working with hundreds of employees and managers every year. The 21st Manager series designed by Sam incorporates the latest in psychological research, leadership theory and neuroscience and is now in its fifth year.
Samantha has worked as a Consultant with Boston Consulting Group, Sales & Marketing Manager for The Body Shop and Strategy Manager for Myer GraceBros. Samantha holds Bachelor and Postgraduate qualifications in business and psychology, including a Master Degree in Clinical Psychology and an MBA from Melbourne University. Samantha has completed the Company Director’s Course and is a member of the Australian Psychological Society.
Samantha is passionate about helping people to think, feel and perform better to realise their human potential. She is Managing Director of Human Psychology, one of Adelaide’s largest psychological services providers, with a team of 25 people operating for over 10 years. Human Psychology’s mission is to help organisations and their people to embrace 21st-century change by enhancing their self-awareness, building stronger and more cohesive relationships, increasing engagement, developing resilience and most importantly, caring for themselves and others.
Upcoming course availability
Wednesday, 12 May 2021
1 half day 9:00am-12:30pm (8:45am registration)
Contact us for alternate duration and delivery style options
First Line Manager Common/Core (AS02-AS05)
Middle Manager Common/Core (AS06-AS08)
Workbook and Resources
IPAA SA Level 6, 12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Personal Members $315
State Government Members $350
Corporate Members and Partners $360
This course can be delivered In-Agency. Contact us to discuss the delivery of this course within your department.