- Defining Positive Psychology and its application to the workplace and personal life.
- The neuroscience of happiness.
- Character Strengths and Core values – what are you good at and what do you value?
- Resilience and learned optimism – how to build capacity to bounce back.
- How to build psychological capital and well-being at work – developing a positive team culture.
- Creating positive meaning and engagement at work.
- Change readiness strategies.
- Understand the principles of Positive Psychology and the science of wellbeing.
- Identify your Character Strengths and Core Values.
- Understand resilience and how to build personal, team and organisational capacity.
- Understand the theory of effective organisational change and how to be change ready.
Who Should Attend
Those leading and managing others who seek to have a better understanding of Positive Psychology principles for management.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
- Improved employee morale and motivation.
- Increased productivity and team engagement.
- More effective change outcomes.
- Understand how to enhance employee wellbeing, and implement tools to promote resilience.
This course is also available online here.
Learn about our speakers
Samantha Young M.Psych. (Clin.), M.B.A, B.A. (Hons.), MAPS, GAICD
Samantha brings a unique combination of senior management and commercial experience, psychological intervention skills and Masters-level formal education in both business and psychology to her clinical, training, coaching and consulting work. Sam has delivered training for IPAA for nearly ten years with consistently positive participant feedback and is a sought after facilitator and keynote speaker, working with hundreds of employees and managers every year. The 21st Manager series designed by Sam incorporates the latest in psychological research, leadership theory and neuroscience and is now in its ninth year.
Samantha has worked as a Consultant with Boston Consulting Group, Sales & Marketing Manager for The Body Shop and Strategy Manager for Myer GraceBros. Samantha holds Bachelor and Postgraduate qualifications in business and psychology, including a Master Degree in Clinical Psychology and an MBA from Melbourne University. Samantha has completed the Company Director’s Course and is a member of the Australian Psychological Society.
Samantha is passionate about helping people to think, feel and perform better to realise their human potential. She is CEO of Human Psychology, one of Adelaide’s largest psychological services providers and now part of the APM Group globally, with a team of 25 clinicians operating for nearly 17 years. Human Psychology’s mission is to help organisations and their people to embrace 21st-century change by enhancing their self-awareness, building stronger and more cohesive relationships, increasing engagement, developing resilience and most importantly, caring for themselves and others. Human Psychology is the Employee Assistance Program provider for numerous public sector agencies, including SA Health, Department for Education, Attorney General’s Department and Department of Correctional Services. Samantha also coaches executives and leaders across multiple agencies. This experience as a wellbeing partner over nearly two decades has given Samantha a deep understanding of the challenges faced by public sector leaders.
Upcoming course availability
Friday, 28 June 2024
1 half day
(8:45am registration) 9:00am-12:30pm
First Line Manager Common (ASO3-ASO5)
Middle Manager Core (ASO6-ASO8)
(this competency framework is provided as a guide only)
Workbook, resources, morning tea and refreshments
IPAA SA Level 6, 12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Personal Member $355
State Govt Employee Member $390
Corporate Member $405
This course is also available in-agency. Please contact us for further information