- Defining Positive Psychology and its application to the workplace and personal life.
- The neuroscience of happiness.
- Character Strengths and Core values – what are you good at and what do you value?
- Resilience and learned optimism – how to build capacity to bounce back.
- How to build psychological capital and well-being at work – developing a positive team culture.
- Creating positive meaning and engagement at work.
- Change readiness strategies.
- Understand the principles of Positive Psychology and the science of wellbeing.
- Identify your Character Strengths and Core Values.
- Understand resilience and how to build personal, team and organisational capacity.
- Understand the theory of effective organisational change and how to be change ready.
Who Should Attend
Those leading and managing others who seek to have a better understanding of Positive Psychology principles for management. Those who have a grounding in other leadership psychology approaches will also benefit from this new lens of managing team wellbeing and building a high-performing environment.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
- Improved employee morale and motivation.
- Increased productivity and team engagement.
- More effective change outcomes.
- Understand how to enhance employee wellbeing, and implement tools to promote resilience.
Learn about our speakers
Samantha Young M.Psych. (Clin.), M.B.A, B.A. (Hons.), MAPS, GAICD
Samantha brings a unique combination of senior management and commercial experience, psychological intervention skills and Masters-level formal education in both business and psychology to her clinical, training, coaching and consulting work. Sam has delivered training for IPAA for nearly five years and is a sought after facilitator, working with hundreds of employees and managers every year. The 21st Manager series designed by Sam incorporates the latest in psychological research, leadership theory and neuroscience and is now in its fifth year.
Samantha has worked as a Consultant with Boston Consulting Group, Sales & Marketing Manager for The Body Shop and Strategy Manager for Myer GraceBros. Samantha holds Bachelor and Postgraduate qualifications in business and psychology, including a Master Degree in Clinical Psychology and an MBA from Melbourne University. Samantha has completed the Company Director’s Course and is a member of the Australian Psychological Society.
Samantha is passionate about helping people to think, feel and perform better to realise their human potential. She is Managing Director of Human Psychology, one of Adelaide’s largest psychological services providers, with a team of 25 people operating for over 10 years. Human Psychology’s mission is to help organisations and their people to embrace 21st-century change by enhancing their self-awareness, building stronger and more cohesive relationships, increasing engagement, developing resilience and most importantly, caring for themselves and others.
Upcoming course availability
Wednesday, 29 September 2021
1 half day
First Line Manager Common (ASO3-ASO5)
Middle Manager Core (ASO6-ASO8)
Digital Workbook and Resources
Online (via Cisco Webex)
(not sure if this platform is suitable for you? Contact us and one of our friendly team will arrange a test session for you - there are options to suit everyone)
Personal Member $260
State Government Employee Member $295
Corporate Member $305
This course is also available for in-agency delivery. Contact us for further information.