This course, delivered by a facilitator with an engaging and supportive learning style, focuses on how to:
- develop a clear purpose
- write in plain language
- prepare content that’s concise
- tailor material for your readers
- Learn tools that will enable you to write more succinctly
- Understand how to structure content so it’s more logical and easier to read
- Develop skills in how to write with more impact
- Build confidence in your ability to translate complex material into plain English
Who Should Attend
The course will suit professionals who don’t have hours to study the theory of language. It suits those seeking practical advice they can implement immediately, to grow their writing skills. The content includes a mix of foundational and intermediate writing tools. Whether your workplace writing is focussed on emails, correspondence or reports, this course will support professional development.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
- Increased confidence in writing
- Increased ability to produce high-quality writing
- Increased clarity and succinctness of written material
- Increased understanding of public sector writing
- Time and money saved through improvements to the quality of written communication.
*Please note: This is a highly interactive workshop. Webcams and microphones are required for participation in discussions. Please ensure you have access to Zoom Meetings by running a test session prior to the course.
Learn about our speakers
Fourth Pillar Communications
With 35 years’ professional experience, including more than a decade as an accredited trainer, Kristen Barry has facilitated courses for hundreds of managers and staff in government and not-for-profit organisations around Australia and the Asia-Pacific region. Course participants regularly comment on Kristen’s engaging and inclusive style, and her ability to make concepts easy to learn.
Kristen’s career includes roles as a broadcast journalist, ministerial adviser and communications executive. Kristen holds a Master’s degree in Management, a Bachelor of Arts in Communications and trainer qualifications.
Upcoming course availability
Thursday, 21 March 2024
Tuesday, 23 April 2024
Wednesday, 19 June 2024
9:00am-1.00pm (8:45am registration)
Entry Level Core (ASO1-ASO2)
Front Line Core (ASO2-ASO5)
(this competency framework is provided as a guide only)
Workbook and Resources
Online via Zoom
Personal Member $290
State Govt Employee Member $330
Corporate Member $340