National Mental Health Month is an initiative of the Mental Health Foundation Australia (MHFA) to advocate for and raise awareness of Australian mental health. It is an important time where the Australian community comes together to raise awareness and promote better mental health for all. Throughout this month, many events have been organised in each state of Australia aiming to attract and unite Australians of all ages and backgrounds to raise awareness and promote better mental health for all.
The South Australian Mental Health Month 2022 Awareness Campaign theme is:
‘Connecting with Community
This month we encourage you to look for opportunities to connect with others in your workplace community and beyond. To help you in your goal to ‘connect’, we have rounded up some helpful resources, activities, articles and events from IPAA and beyond.
Events that are coming up soon
- Accidental Councillor for Public Sector | IPAA SA | November 22 & November 30
- Post-Covid Mental Health Recovery Webinar Series Nov Intake – IPAA South Australia | IPAA SA | NOVEMBER 22′ to March 23.’
- Mental Health First Aid Training for Public Sector 2023| IPAA SA | SHORT COURSE | 13+14 FEBRUARY 23.’
View more upcoming events for mental health month here…
Training and Professional Development
- Managing Wellbeing (Online) – IPAA South Australia | IPAA SA | SHORT COURSE | OCTOBER INTAKE
- 21st Century Manager Series – IPAA South Australia | IPAA SA | EXTENDED 6-PART SERIES | OCTOBER INTAKE
- Positive Psychology PERMA+ (Online) – IPAA South Australia | IPAA SA | SHORT COURSE | NOVEMBER INTAKE
What you can watch NOW
- COVID-19 Mental Wellbeing – Interview Series with Commissioner John Mannion – IPAA SA | 43 min watch
- COVID-19 Mental Wellbeing – Interview Series – IPAA South Australia | IPAA South Australia – IPAA SA| 33 min watch
- Shaping positive mental health in your workplace – IPAA National | 1hr 25min WATCH
- Guides, goal-a-day calendars, posters and workplace resources | MHSCA.ORG
- Manage Stress and Uncertainty – Resource Round-up | IPAA SA
- Managing Stress and Finding Your Motivation | IPAA SA
- Tips for Coping with Stress and Burnout | IPAA SA
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health, reach out to Beyond Blue to speak with a counsellor on 1300 22 4636 or learn more here.