- Overcome the fear of judgment with strategies to gain confidence.
- How to do an audience analysis, so you understand the needs of your audience.
- Create and deliver content naturally, credibly and effectively.
- Understand the learning styles model and how people perceive and retain information.
- Structure the presentation or pitch to keep your audiences attention.
- Use ‘the rule of three’ as an effective structure model.
- Choosing the most effective method of delivery.
- Use the whole body to communicate.
- Develop your own natural speaking style.
- Present without reading “word for word”.
- Hold project authority and confidence even if you are a little anxious.
- Learn to use Power Point in a more engaging way.
- Find the “stick-ability” element in your presentation so it will always be remembered.
- Learn how to create and deliver stories that engage and entertain audiences.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs to present information to others or engage in public speaking to both internal and external stakeholders.
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
- Improved and more engaging presentations which hold lasting impact on the audience.
- Increased confidence in presenting and public speaking.
Learn about our speakers
Principal and founder
The Speakers Studio
David Griggs is a successful speaker, speaking coach and business pitch consultant with a difference. He works with leaders, CEOs and other professionals to transform them into persuasive and inspiring speakers.
David’s unique feature is his combined experience in theatre and business. A graduate of the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA), David has taught acting and drama as well as directed many fine productions for the Adelaide Theatre Group. He then went on to manage, grow and successfully sell a family-owned business.
David teaches public speaking skills drawing on the techniques of the professional actor, and helps business people access their ‘inner performer’. He has helped many individuals and organisations to achieve confidence, credibility and a competitive edge through more effective public communication. His technique is not just to help produce confident speakers; it is to allow you the freedom to inspire others.
David is the principal and founder of The Speakers Studio. He is Past President of the National Speakers Association of Australia, and has represented Australia on the board of the International Federation for Professional Speakers. In 2007, David was inducted in to The Australian Speakers Hall of Fame.
Upcoming course availability
Tuesday, 01 June 2021
1 full day
9:00am-4:30pm (8:45am registration)
Contact us for alternate duration and delivery style options
This course is appropriate to all levels
Workbook, resources, lunch and refreshments
IPAA SA Level 6, 12 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Personal Member $515
State Government Employee Member $550
Corporate Member $560